19 June, 2006

2 hours 20 minutes and 35 seconds...

... were pointlesly reduced from my life on the account of glorification of Dan Brown's overhyped book - The Da Vinci Code. And it that time I do not count making popcorns, or changing CD's halfway trough the movie. It seemed like hours and hours. And it turned out I was absolutly right to let myself be talked into watching it - you don't see such a lousy movie every week.

I actualy watched this movie three days ago, but I am writing this only now because I needed time for my blood pressure to drop in order not to start uncontrolably bang my head against keyboard during typing of this article. Let me point out few things from the movie that almost made me want to book a ticket to New Hampshire and beat the shit out of Dan Brown.

At one point of the movie Tom Hanks and the chick following him around got their hands on an ancient puzzle that hides a map. Atualy, check that. It was handed to them by a badass-looking robot arm from a safe deposit for extreme rich and paranoid people. Now, they KNOW that someone was killed over it, one of them is a professor at high ranking university with HIGH TECH EQUIPMENT, other is FBI cryptology agent with acess to A LAB, but nooooo... that'd be too simple to disarm a trap set by 500 year old bloke. Instead lets go to a OBSESSIVE COLLECTIONER that is known to be ECCENTRIC and MENTALY UNSTABLE, not suspecting that he'll, oh, I dunno, BE BEHIND EVERYTHING!!!

Oh, and I should have warned you watch for spoilers here :P

Second, watch any scene with Tom Hanks...see? HE SUCKS AT ACTING!!!They could have a pot with a daisy in it, and the dramatic effect would not be reduced by an inch. He acted as if he got his money for his roll in advance... Wich just may be the case.

Their weapon expert is apparently dumber than any kid that ever played CS (wich speaks a lot of his brain power). The old geezer at the end holds a glock... And then puls a hammer in order to fire! Glock! A hammer? Any kid would have told them that glock has a mechanism over the barel that needs to be pulled. This movie was not supposed to be western for that 'click' when you pull the hammer to be so essential.

And the end! In that glass piramid you can see crew members filming the movie! How much can that suck for a movie that was trying to be a blockbuster!
...
I'm gonna go do something less painful then thinking of this movie any more. Like chew on razors or something.

3 comments:

lol... I didn't see all this things, because there wass 4 little kids in the room watching it too. You can find links to there blogs on my blog. Guess I'll have to watch it again to notice all that. Thanks for he update :P

Good, as in GOOD FOR NOTHING :P
Have you not read my post. And it is only a tiny part of what's wrong with it, I was too lazy to type everything.

Refuse to watch it, because face it people; the book was SHIT. Ridiculous plot, tenuous at best grasp on the so called 'facts', the worst characterisation I have EVER had the displeasure of reading, an awfull romantic element added on purely to make it fit 'popular requirements' and a plot twist that could be seen a mile off.
With the book being that bad there's no way I'm gunna waste my time and money watching a film adaptation that is by all acounts WORSE than said book.
Can I join you in your hunt to kill Dan Brown please? Most overated book and author ever.
Sorry about the rant, but this book and the hype it has annoys the crap out of me.