... I chat with often (when I say often I mean very, very often) several times what was she doing up so late besides talking to me, and few times the answer was thet she was trying to talk a buddy of hers out off committing suicide. When I once replied 'why bother?' I was accused of 'not being compassionate enough'.
So I did make a quick list of reasons why would one talk someone out of killing himself:
- Absolutely nothing
Suicide is one of the dumbest things one can do when faced with tough time. Just because you do not see a viable solution doesn't mean you should waste this (presumably) one life you have. If you are weak/dumb enough to do it anyway mankind should be grateful for having your genes removed from global gene bank. Here are even some of the interesting ways to kill yourself, by acknowledged psychotherapist - Maddox.
Ok, nuff about that, here are some more fun stuff. I ran into a comic few days ago, and I have read entire archives in 3 days. I think I have also cracked several ribs from laughing. Here, have fun:
[whine on] I stubbed my @%$^#!@toe playing soccer. OUCH!!! [/whine off]
I know there was something else I wanted to share... But I can't remember now. Oh, well...
I also want to explain why last post was so messy, with different styles for each chapter, and with some HTML code errors. I was trying out which style I like the most, I absolutely did not expect to have a bunch of visitors very same moment I published post. I will try to keep errors at minimum, yet I have only vague knowledge of HTML, and I am in process of learning. So be patient.
Over and out.
[whine on] I stubbed my @%$^#!@toe playing soccer. OUCH!!! [/whine off]
I know there was something else I wanted to share... But I can't remember now. Oh, well...
I also want to explain why last post was so messy, with different styles for each chapter, and with some HTML code errors. I was trying out which style I like the most, I absolutely did not expect to have a bunch of visitors very same moment I published post. I will try to keep errors at minimum, yet I have only vague knowledge of HTML, and I am in process of learning. So be patient.
Over and out.







4 comments:
I'm sure you are filled with compassion.. (giggles) But I do understand your point. Besides, people who are serious about commiting suicide do not speak about it. This person is probably saying these things because of the attention he/she receives. It's probably only loneliness.. Hope everything is alright though.
If someone is stupid enough to seriously contemplate suicide as 'the answer', then maybe the world really is better off without them.
OMG, LICD is the best!! You should also try Misfile at www.misfile.com :)
oh, such a compassion. ^^
Post a Comment