28 August, 2006

I think I may have accidentally learned Spanish

I hated those tele-novels since the beginning, however mother and sis are watching them constantly - it is one of the main reasons I stopped watching TV. This TV novel thing has been going on for about 4 or 5 years already. Driving me nuts.

Now I'm in the kitchen, making myself a sandwich, mother and sis in front of TV watching one of those dumb things, and I idly listen to TV... and realise I understand most of the gibberish sprouting from it! Something incredibly dumb of course, like 'I cannot do that, he is my son...blah blah blah' Bit that's NOT THE POINT. WHY THE HELL AM I ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IT?

I feel down now -.- TV novels should be outlawed under the penalty of painful death.

Also it is good thing I do not believe in god, for I might have thought someone hates me. I had a nifty date planned, I shaved, got dressed up, went to a meeting point... Halfway there rain starts pouring. Typical.

Later.

4 comments:

Ej, ne vadi mi se tu: "I don't know how can I understand Spanish!" Priznaj da si mladost proveo ispred TVa gledajuci ta sranja :)!

Sto se tice sastanka, dragi moj nameless, kisa je pala zato sto si se obrijao :)!!!
P.S. Post je na srpskom, iz postovanja prema maternjem jeziku. Pozdrav!

My thoughts exactly.. ummmm.

Anyhow, so.. the date?! You can't cut it short right after saying you went on a date!

In fact, years ago when I was formally taking Spanish, the teacher suggested to us that we watch shows like this to practice our language comprehension skills. To this day, I may click through Spanish TV channels and stop for a minute or two to see what I still understand, which is most of it. It completely proves my theory that regardless of the language, shows and written media are only reported on an 8th grade reading level globally.

Don't do that to yourself. My brain tried to commit suicide after few seconds of listeneng to that crap...